Oh happy days, Peter James is releasing a brand new title in his famous Roy Grace series and we can’t wait!
You Are Dead will make up book eleven for detective Roy Grace and is set to be the most chilling yet…
The last words Jamie Ball hears from his fiancee, Logan Somerville, are in a terrified mobile phone call. She has just driven into the underground car park beneath the block of flats where they live in Brighton. Then she screams and the phone goes dead. The police are on the scene within minutes, but Logan has vanished, leaving behind her neatly parked car and mobile phone. That same afternoon, workmen digging up a park in another part of the city, unearth the remains of a woman in her early twenties, who has been dead for 30 years. At first, to Roy Grace and his team, these two events seem totally unconnected. But then another young woman in Brighton goes missing – and yet another body from the past surfaces. Meanwhile, an eminent London psychiatrist meets with a man who claims to know information about Logan. And Roy Grace has the chilling realization that this information holds the key to both the past and present crimes . . . Does Brighton have its first serial killer in over eighty years?
Born in Brighton, James was educated at Chaterhouse before moving to Ravensbourne film school to pursue his passion for film making. He lived in North America for a while working as a screen writer and film producer before going home to England.
Did you know:
- James’s Roy Grace series has been translated into thirty-five languages with world-wide sales of fourteen million copies. This outsells James’s literary detective hero Sherlock Holmes by a couple million!
- In 1994 Peter James and Penguin Books made history by publishing Host on two floppy discs, which are now on display in the Science Museum as the world’s first electronic book. This caused a lot of controversy and many labelled James as the destroyer of the novel! James went on to become a media spokesperson for the electronic publishing age, and even spoke at a conference alongside Steve Jobs!
- Interestingly James’s Mum, Cornelia James, was Glovemaker to Her majesty the Queen. The glovemaking firm is still going strong and is now run by James’s sister Genevieve and her husband who still supply the royal family with all their glove needs.
- James loves cars and races his own collection whenever he can.
- James was selected for the British Olympic ski team when he was only 15, but didn’t take up the position as his parents felt it would disrupt his school work too much.
- There is an annual charity golf tournament named after Peter James in aid of Action Medical Research. In the five years since its conception this tournament has managed to raise over 65,ooo!
- James was hired and paid ten shillings an hour to clean Orson Welles’ house!
When she doesn't have her nose buried in a book, Rachel can be found surrounded by furry friends or cooking up delicious plant-based feasts.
Latest posts by Rachel Reeves (see all)
- #Sharethejoy Campaign - September 22, 2016
- Tackling the Topic of Mental Illness in Misled by C J Spammer - September 15, 2016
- Win New Guard, latest & last in Cherub series - August 17, 2016